It's so amazing that this year I will be taking a group of 11 students! There were many neigh-sayer who didnt believe I could get another group of inner-city young men out of the country again. But, thanks totheir awesome parents we were able to make this happen. Last year I took 5 students and this year that number has more than doubled.
Here a list of our scheduled trip highlights (April 4-16):
- Spanish class in the mornings
- Volunteering with children in the afternoons
- Tours to:
2. US Embassy briefing, Las Huellas de Acahualinca
3. San Juan de Oriente & Cataria, Granada city tour
4. Las Islaets boat tour of Islands on Cocibolca Lake
5. Mercado Masaya & Verbenas
6. Volcano Masaya Night Tour
7. Volcano boarding at Cerro Negro
7. Poneloya Beach.
All of this cost $1030.90 per student! Including airfare!!
We are all so excited. My students are excited and nervous, ready and cautious. A few have never been on a plane before. Some have never gone to the beach before. None have ever been to a volcano. This will be a positive life-changing event for them all.
It never escapes me... not even for a moment... how luck I am to be able to share my gift with these young men.
I. AM. GRATEFUL.